Rules assist with managing your workflow by automating tasks. They can be created ad hoc for a job or created/managed in a workflow/process template that can be attached to jobs.
For example, a rule can be created so that the system will automatically send a reject letter when a candidate is moved to the Unsuccessful folder.
To create a rule whilst you are in the job workflow:
- Right click on the folder you would like to create a rule for.
- Click on "Create Rule"
- Step 1: Select when the rule will be applied in Step 1 example "On entry" which means once the candidate is put into that selected folder and click Next.
- Step 2: Define the conditions when the rule will be executed by selecting an operator and the value/s. You may create new conditions by clicking Add Conditions. Provide more selection and value in Condition area. Click Next to proceed.
- Step 3: Set up a parameter for any of the actions available or the new ones you create by clicking Add Action such as Generate Form or change status or Send message etc. Click Next to proceed.
- Enter a rule name and description of the rule and select the rule status (active or inactive).
- Review the rule summary and click Create Rule as shown in the screenshot below.
- Right click on the folder in which the rule is present.
- Click on "View Rule"
- Click on the pencil icon under the Actions Tab to Edit the Rule
- Click on the trash icon under the Actions tab to delete the Rule