This document outlines Springboard release version 7.28 scheduled for release in August 2022.
Version 7.28 introduces the following new features:
- Additional support for SEEK Optimised Apply
- New look and feel for Springboard!
- Update candidate details via a spreadsheet upload
- Quick jump to another job or talent folder for a given candidate
- Improvements to sending attachments with emails
- Support numerical fields on the new application form
- Hide diversity data from in Hiring Manager Feedback
This release also covers bug fixes and other small improvements which are outlined in these notes.
This document provides details on each key change you will need to be aware of in order to leverage these improvements effectively. Please note that some screenshots in this document represent pre-release versions and may differ slightly in the production release.
IMPORTANT: Please contact your Springboard Account Manager if you have any questions regarding the information provided in these release notes.
You can access our Springboard product ideas portal directly from Springboard. Go to Help -> Feedback to give us your ideas for future product enhancements.
Requests for support and raising issues should continue to be done via Help > Help Centre.
For the past 6 months, the Springboard team has been working on an entirely new look and feel for the core Springboard platform.
We were excited to make the new version available to user’s last release. With this release we continue to refine the new look, incorporating feedback from customers starting to adopt the new platform.
We continue to encourage users to try out the new look and feel. It’s easy to switch between the new and familiar look.
Customers will not be switched to the new version without consent.
Try out the new version for yourself
Your team can try out the new version by selecting “Try out the new look and feel” from the profile menu. Users can use either the current look & feel or the new look & feel interchangeably – there is no harm in your team using a mix of versions.
If needed, users can switch themselves back to the familiar look & feel anytime.
Some key refinements in this release
New Login Screen
Administration > Process Designer
Administration > Document Templates
Administration > Request to Hire
Administration > Candidate Profile
Administration > Candidate Portal Configuration
As a SEEK Premium Partner, Springboard now integrates with SEEK’s new Optimised Apply service.
SEEK's Optimised Apply solution allows for candidates to use SEEK's Apply Form to complete their job application from any device - mobile, web or mobile apps. It also enables candidates to use their SEEK Profile to pre-fill application information and attach their stored CV - resulting in quick, easy, and seamless apply experience for candidates.
With this release, all customer’s application forms can be supported for SOA.
Candidate experience data sent from SEEK
In addition to answers to application form questions, SEEK also sends to Springboard the candidate’s resume and SEEK profile data.
This profile data is available within the Experience tab. A new filter is provided to allow users to differentiate between profile data sent from SEEK and data gather from other sources, such as Springboard’s resume parser.
Who can access SEEK Optimised Apply
SEEK Optimised Apply will be available to most (but not all) customers as part of this release. Contact your Account Manager to identify if SOA is supported for your instance, and for more details on how to have it enabled. Enabling SOA requires a small configuration effort by PeopleScout Application Support in order to align the application questions answered on the SEEK platform with your current Career Site.
With this release, we’ve made it easier to upload new details to your candidate records via a spreadsheet upload.
You may collect candidate scores, preferences, skills, or other attributes into a spreadsheet and wish to update these details into Springboard for later reporting, searching or stack ranking. Springboard makes it easy to do this.
Candidate custom properties now supported in Spreadsheet uploads
Springboard makes it easy to create additional fields on the candidate record to store details for later searching, stack ranking or filtering.
With this release, it is now possible to update these candidate fields via a spreadsheet upload.
To create new candidate fields, go to Administration -> Admin Console -> Candidate Profile > Custom Fields Library.
Click the Add (+) button and select the type of field you wish to create. You can create free text, dropdown fields, and with this release, numerical fields.
Give the field a name and define any additional details about your new field that you need. For example:
- for dropdowns you may define the values that will show in that dropdown
- select who can view the field – candidates, recruiters, hiring managers and administrators
- select whether the field can be searchable and/or visible on candidate grids
- much more…
Your new candidate field is visible on the Candidate Profile tab under the ‘Additional Details’ section and can be easily added to your candidate grids.
Capture numerical fields
With this release, numerical (number) fields can be captured. Number fields will be sorted on candidate grids as a number, and filters can be applied such as greater than or less than a particular value.
Update candidate fields via a spreadsheet upload
To upload a spreadsheet, click the upload button from the top menu or go to Candidates -> Upload Candidates from CSV.
Follow the 3-step wizard, where you will:
- Select the spreadsheet of candidate details to upload
- Choose how each column of data should map to candidate or application details in Springboard
- Define any additional settings for your upload, such as how to handle existing candidates.
With this release, candidate fields such as the ones created in the previous section can now be filled via a spreadsheet upload.
Update existing candidates in Springboard more easily
With this release, we’ve made it easier to update existing candidates in Springboard. On Step 3 of the upload, you can now define how to match to existing candidates. Options include:
- Match on email address – if the email address is included in the spreadsheet upload and a candidate already exists in Springboard with that email address, that candidate will be updated.
- Match on Candidate ID – for a more precise update, include the candidate ID as a spreadsheet column and select to match candidates on ID.
Note: You can easily generate a list of candidates with their IDs into a spreadsheet by using Springboard’s Excel Export feature. Once you have your candidates exported to a spreadsheet, add the additional details into the spreadsheet that you want to update into Springboard and then upload that spreadsheet back into Springboard.
Often a given candidate exists in multiple jobs and talent folders, and it’s useful to be able to switch to that same candidate in another location within Springboard.
This release makes it easy to perform this navigation.
Select “Jump to candidate in” from the action menu. A popup will automatically show a list of talent folders that the candidate is associated with if you are currently looking at that candidate on the job.
If you are currently looking at the candidate on a talent folder, a list of jobs the candidate is associated with will appear by default.
You can also jump to that candidate on another job (from a job) or another talent folder (from a folder) by clicking the additional toggle
Click on a folder to jump to and Springboard will show that candidate on that folder, where you can continue to process that candidate record.
Several improvements have been made to attaching documents to emails. Here are some of the new features.
Select a Document Pack to attach to an outbound email
When sending an email from Springboard, you can now select one of the existing Document Packs (Onboarding Activity Packs) to attach documents to the email.
With this release, you can also attach document packs to emails automatically via the Rules Engine.
Create a rule and select the “Send Message” action:
Select the document pack to attach as part of the action.
When the automation is triggered for a candidate and the email sent, the documents associated with this document pack will be attached.
Note: When the email is sent, the most current documents associated with that document pack will be sent. If you add a new document to the document pack after setting up the rule automation, that new document will be sent to all future candidates that the automation triggers for.
Include a recipient as BCC
When sending an email from Springboard, you can now include a recipient as Blind Carbon Copy (BCC).
This option is now also supported when setting up emails to send automatically via the rules engine.
Preview an onboarding pack prior to sending as an attachment
When selecting a document pack, user is now able to preview and check the documents inside the document pack before sending the attachment to the candidate without going to the Administration > Document Library.
The following lists other items that have been fixed or improved as part of this release. If you would like further information on any of these items, please contact Application Support.
Career Site / Application Form / Onboarding Portal
- Support numerical data controls within the new application form framework
- Provide more accurate status of multi-recipient forms on the Onboarding tab when a candidate has submitted a form for approval
- Support additional date formats when capturing a signed date for documents
- Additional configurations for onboarding portal (what are they?
- Hide "Onboarded Successfully" box entirely.
- Able to change the wording for the "Start Next Task" section and "Fill out the Form" button against an Orbeon form.
- Update the message provided to candidates when they have submitted a form online to indicate that it’s currently undergoing approval.
- Resolve an issue where Accept document PDFs would not load under particular circumstances.
Jobs /Job Ad Posting
- Further support for multi-select dropdowns on the job advertisement screen
- Fixes for SEEK Job Posting and SEEK Optimised Apply.
- Hide fields from the application form when distributing to hiring managers via the Feedback portal. This is useful for hiding diversity or other private details. Contact Application Support for guidance on configuring this in your solution.
3rd Party assessments
- Support displaying multiple Tazio scores on the candidate grid.
- Fix a phenomenon in candidate search where a ‘ghost’ element could cause Springboard to crash.
- Enhancement to the Application Updated By column on the candidate grid.
- Improvement to the address book when sending emails- provide more visual space for search results.
- Fix issues with link to job related to the new application form framework.
- Improve some issues with editing emails whilst sending to candidates.
- Fix a phenomenon where special characters introduced into a candidate’s screening comment can cause that job to become inaccessible until a data fix is provided.
Documents Library, Contracts & Letters
- Prefix a meaningful identifier or code onto the front of letters and contracts. Contact Application Support for guidance on configuring this in your solution.
- Validate letter templates uploaded to only allow RTF documents.
- Improvements to application pre-fill based on email address.
- Log the users IP address against session token for every interaction for improved logging.