Release Notes Overview
This document outlines Springboard release version 7.31 scheduled for release in May 2023.
Version 7.31 introduces the following new features:
- Generate Microsoft Teams Meetings directly from Springboard for interviews
- Beta version of embedded analytics available for review
- Improved branding for job alert emails
- Specify a close date for candidates booking themselves into an interview
- Increase the number of jobs displayed per page on All Jobs /My Jobs screens
- Tidy up the look and feel of Hiring Manager Feedback
- Tidy up Job Ad search results screen within the new look and feel
- Improvements to web accessibility for Springboard’s new look and feel
This release also covers bug fixes and other small improvements which are outlined in these notes.
This document provides details on each key change you will need to be aware of in order to leverage these improvements effectively. Please note that some screenshots in this document represent pre-release versions and may differ slightly in the production release.
IMPORTANT: Please contact your Springboard Account Manager if you have any questions regarding the information provided in these release notes.
Generate Microsoft Teams Meetings directly from Springboard for interviews
This feature would allow the user to add MS Teams conferencing links to interviews scheduled through Springboard, making booking interviews a more efficient and seamless process.
Currently, on Create New Interview screen, there is a free text box displayed for Digital Interview URL field. The user can manually add video conferencing link into this box while creating an interview. The URL is then shared with candidates, panel members, and recruiters (as configured).
This new capability removes the manual step by automatically generating a MS Teams meeting link.
Microsoft Teams is the only video conferencing solution currently supported, however other vendors may be added in future depending on client interest.
The integration is available for both Single and bulk interviews within Springboard.
Enable Microsoft teams
To schedule an interview using Microsoft Teams, you will need to setup a connection to your corporate MS Teams Exchange account from the Admin Console --> Online Meeting Connections.
IMPORTANT: Depending on how client organisation's have configured their Microsoft Exchange Server / MS Teams to work with external applications such as Springboard, it may be necessary to coordinate some minor configuration settings with your administrator in order for MS Teams integration to work successfully.
Create a single interview with MS Teams Integration
There are two new fields being introduced as part of this change i.e. Interview Type and Video Conferencing.
On the “Create New Interview” screen, you will have to choose Interview Type --> “Online” and Video Conferencing --> “MS Teams” to use MS Teams integration.
You will then all other interview details and click on “Save button.
A candidate interview will be generated with MS Teams link embedded within the email.
Create bulk interviews with MS Teams Integration
MS teams link can now be generated for bulk interviews. The functionality remains the same except that for bulk-interviews the link is generated after candidate is booked for the slot. The booking can happen either when recruiter books the candidate or when candidate self-books for an interview.
On the "Event Details” screen, you will have to choose Interview Type --> “Online” and Video Conferencing --> “MS Teams” to use MS Teams integration.
Rest of interviews functionality remains as-is.
Beta version of embedded analytics available for review
With Release 7.31, we are introducing Embedded Analytics into Springboard. This is based on a standard set of dashboards and insights that can later be tailored per client.
Currently, there are six dashboards designed for this release.
- Open Requisitions
- Hiring Activity
- Source Performance and ROI
- Candidate Interaction
- Recruitment Activity
Please find brief introduction and sneak peek for each dashboard as follows:
Open Requisitions - The Open Requisitions dashboard is useful for gauging requisition volume against various metrics like average days open, open requisition by job type.
Hiring Activity – Hiring Activity dashboard provides visibility into your progress toward achieving your headcount goals.
Source Performance and ROI- The Source Performance and ROI dashboard provides you with insight into how candidates are entering your talent pipeline and the quality of those channels based on candidate performance. This dashboard is useful for establishing the ROI of your job market spending as well as identifying trends and changes in the top of your recruitment funnel.
Diversity - The Diversity dashboard provides you with a complete picture of your candidate demographics as you strive to foster a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Candidate Interaction – This dashboard provides you insights on various aspects about candidate interaction like what devices were used to submit applications, application completion vs abandon rate etc.
Recruitment Activity – The recruitment activity dashboard provides you with insights about request to hire processing and workflow analysis.
Note – The dashboard and charts come up with some special features as listed below:
- Each dashboard comes with controls/ filters and the data could be analysed using these filters.
- Each dashboard has two tabs i.e. Analysis and Details.
- Analysis gives the chart view whereas details tab has the data that drives the charts.
- Each chart is drillable for further analysis.
- Each chart can be maximised.
- Each chart has three dots on the top-right corner, clicking on which displays the following two options:
- View summary data
- Export to CSV
Improved branding for job alert emails
Emails sent to candidates alerting them to new jobs they are interested have received a major overhaul in branding. The content of these emails can be customised by the administrator via Application Communications.
Multiple email templates can be setup for clients that support multiple career sites.
Candidates who register with multiple career sites within the same client can now receive multiple job alert emails (one per career site) whereas previously candidates would only receive a single email based upon the career site they most recently registered with.
How to setup new branded email templates
In order to ensure no disruption to job alert emails across our clients, the new job alert emails will not be automatically enabled. Please contact the Application Support team for interest in updating the branding of your Job Alert templates and receiving guidance on how to maintain the content of these emails.
Specify a close date for candidates booking themselves into an interview
When setting up interview times for candidates to book themselves into, it was previously only possible to specify that self-booking for each interview timeslot would close a specified number of days prior to that interview slot.
With this release, it is possible to specify a date upon which all interview slots for that job will close.
Increase the number of jobs displayed per page on All Jobs /My Jobs screens
Select how many jobs per page you would like to view when reviewing My Jobs / All Jobs
Tidy up the look and feel of Hiring Manager Feedback
The look and feel of the Hiring Manager Feedback portal has been updated to bring it in line with the new look and feel introduced to Springboard. This includes:
- Updated login screen
2. Small improvements to colours and layouts in the main Feedback wizard
Tidy up Job Ad search results screen within the new look and feel
The Job Ad search results summary screen has been improved in the New Look and Feel to provide an at-a-glance overview of the sourcing channels currently posted to for each Job Ad.
Minor bug fixes & Enhancements
The following lists other items that have been fixed or improved as part of this release. If you would like further information on any of these items, please contact Application Support.
Career Site / Application Form / Onboarding Portal
- Resolve issue rendering line breaks and repeating sections for Questionnaire Section headers within the new application form questionnaire
- Resolve an issue auto-generating a user account for manual applications under some scenarios, which could lead to challenges with Onboarding.
- Resolve an issue with capturing documents attached by the candidate after submitting their application form – New Application Form framework
- Ensure applications are included in a bulkprint when submitted via the Seek Optimised Apply service – New Application Form Framework
- Improvements to “Apply without Login” submission using the New Application Form framework
- Improvements in prioritising Job Title matches when performing a keyword search
- Improvements in prioritising job ads matching multi-selection Expertise hierarchies
- Resolve issue with applying to jobs across multiple linked career site portals – New Application Form framework
- Improvements to Campaign Manager (microsite portals) – rendering Expression of Interest labels
- Resolve issue with validation messaging on Questionnaires for text based questions
- Improvements to ‘Paste from Word’ options when creating Job Advertisements
- Improve validation to ensure a blank job ad description can’t be inadvertently submitted
- Small UI changes to the Job Requests search screen including some label and column header changes
- Resolve an issue with automated emails sent when a job vacancy is withdrawn, ensuring only 1 of 2 possible emails are sent to a given candidate.
- Job Process Reminders – incorporate support for Requisition Location tag in email
- Resolve an issue where candidate grid column values may sometimes be inconsistent across different screens
- Fix an issue rendering panel members in Create New Interview panel selection
- Support showing HEIC document format in Candidate Review – Documents tab.
- Fix alignment issue with radio buttons on View Questionnaires
- Increase size of the Create Notes action in the New Look and Feel
- Fix an issue with rendering specific application sections in a bulkprint when using the New Application Form framework
- Fix an issue with the SMS Account selection dropdown when sending messages.
- Improve display of sent emails in the Candidate Review Communications tab to be consistent across versions of the product
- Resolve issue scrolling through candidate actions menu on some devices and screen sizes
- Improve handling of ‘Last Application ID’ stored against a person when that application is deleted.
- Resolve issue where < and > characters can cause an issue with bulkprint when including the New Application Form
- Messaging improvements when performing a candidate merge
- Resolve an issue where the Invite to Apply email may not render correctly after an edit is made to that email template
- Resolve an issue selecting columns from the ‘cog’ on the candidate grid – some options would not be available for selection intermittently
- Spreadsheet Export
- ensure the correct information labels are displayed for multi-hierarchy dropdown selections
- resolve issue where some responses are not rendered correctly
- Resolve several issues with Talent Folder automation emails
- Emails not sending under specific circumstances
- Duplicate emails sending under specific circumstances
- Sent emails not appearing in the comms log under specific circumstances
- Ensure Supplier submitted applications are visible to the recruitment team immediately (removing delay of up to 10 minutes)
- Resolve issue with candidate name duplicating when submitted by a supplier with the same email address
- Stability improvements to Rules Engine
- Ensure 3rd Party Assessment rules execute under specific scenarios involving multi-agency customers
- Resolve an issue, ensuring the Unsuccessful folder renders Green when rules are associated with Reject/Offer Decline/ Withdrawn steps
- Improve rule decisions based upon candidate custom fields, sending candidate level data in the absence of specific application level data
- Ensure forms deleted by recruiters are removed from onboarding activities for existing candidates
- Fix issue where the Onboarding Review tab can’t be viewed if the associated candidate’s user account is disabled
Hiring Managers and Shared Services
- Ensure authorised Hiring Managers can view all jobs a candidate has applied to
- Notify the Shared Services activity owner when a new candidate is ready for their review
- Option to display My Appointments dashboard directly on login
- User Interface enhancements to Appointments Search screen
- Ability to revoke requests
- Improve a system event message when an Online Form is republished
- Resolve issue with deleting a new application template
- Resolve issue rendering Tags selection list in App Comms email templates screen
- Ensure archived Document Templates are no longer visible in the Document Templates Library
- Resolve issue with Forms Management ‘Republish’ and ‘Delegate’ options
- Add logging to Job Searches to capture and provide metrics on job search system load times
- Add a link to Springboard’s Outage page - https://springboard.statuspage.io – accessible from the help menu
- Display an Outage Notification warning on the careers sites in the leadup to planned maintenance periods
- Ensure Expression of Interest questions save properly when editing a Campaign Manager microsite
- Add warning message to Online Forms administration informing that removing dropdown options could impact existing applications
Security, Architecture and Web Services
As part of Springboard on-going roadmap Springboard modules are undergoing technical software upgrades:
- Applicant Web Services
- Email Inbox
- Requisition Web Services
- Review mode Experience Tab
Additional changes include:
- New version of NZ Government RealMe Single Sign On service supporting MFA
- Improved error messages when throttling services for SnowFlake
- Support for Tazio assessment & results including lookup to central database for prior assessment history
- Stop invalid emails being sent to ‘email@example.com’ as a result of invalid Forgot Password attempts.
- Create Job Requisition service
- check for existing jobs based upon job reference before creating a new job.
- Support for providing attachments
- Default Position Count field to 0 when not provided
- Shared Service Provider (SSP) support for Seek Account Management module
- Support two-step assessment request process for HireRight assessment integration
- Remove duplicate notifications from the Comms Tab for XRef and Fit2Work integrations
- Resolve issue with Seek Job Ad Posting, ensure sending a HirerID for location lookups even when no default account set
- Improved XSS protection following a recent security test
- Resolve issue with Email Inbox TLS support
- Resolve an issue with CVCheck integration impacted by introduction of the Seek Optimised Apply service
User Interface and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) Improvements
As part of Springboard on-going roadmap to make Springboard more accessible to all users, the following screens within Springboard are now WCAG 2.1 AA compliant or better:
- Create and Upload Candidates
- All Candidate Review tabs including resume, profile, communications, activity and experience
- Many candidate actions including Change Status, Link to Job, Create Note, Post to Folder, Bulkprint, Generate Rich Letter, Export to Excel, Manage Tags, Email Application
- Candidate Search Screen
Additional changes include:
- Improvements to popup “List of Values” selections in New UI
- Improvements to Job Requests module for New UI
- Ensure ModernHire assessment results display at an appropriate size
- Improve display of candidate details in review mode for smaller resolution screens – New UI
- Add a ‘Return’ link to active search when searching for candidates using New UI
- Resolve an issue rendering macrons in bulkprint
- Resolve an issue where a Process Step would not render as green when interview slots are configured
- Fix an issue with the Live Job Advertisement Count on the dashboard