- Release Notes Overview
- Embedded analytics
- Send offer letters and contacts for approval and signature prior to candidate signing
- Coming Soon - Hiring Manager dashboards
- Two-factor authentication for candidate login via email
- Support for candidates to setup multiple job alert profiles for clients hosting more than one career site
- Improve usability of message logs
- Automatically disable user accounts which have not been accessed recently
- Ability to search for candidates via quick search by their application ID
- Notification centre technical upgrade
- Minor bug fixes and enhancements
This document provides details on each key change you will need to be aware of to leverage these improvements effectively. Please note that some screenshots in this document represent pre-release versions and may differ slightly in the production release.
IMPORTANT: Please contact your Springboard Account Manager if you have any questions regarding the information provided in these release notes.
New Springboard Embedded Analytics
We are delighted to introduce new embedded analytics module. This is based on a standard set of dashboards and insights.
Currently, there are seven dashboards designed for this release.
- Open Requisitions
- Hiring Activity
- Source Performance and ROI
- Candidate Interaction
- Recruitment Activity
- RTH processing
Please find brief introduction and sneak peek for each dashboard as follows:
Open Requisitions - The Open Requisitions dashboard is useful for gauging requisition volume against various metrics like average days open, open requisition by job type. ￼
Hiring Activity – Hiring Activity dashboard provides visibility into your progress toward achieving your headcount goals.
Source Performance and ROI- The Source Performance and ROI dashboard provides you with insight into how candidates are entering your talent pipeline and the quality of those channels based on candidate performance. This dashboard is useful for establishing the ROI of your job market spending as well as identifying trends and changes in the top of your recruitment funnel.
Diversity - The Diversity dashboard provides you with a complete picture of your candidate demographics as you strive to foster a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Candidate Interaction – This dashboard provides you insights on various aspects about candidate interaction like what devices were used to submit applications, application completion vs abandon rate etc.
Recruitment Activity – The recruitment activity dashboard provides you with insights about workflow analysis.
RTH processing - This dashboard provides you insights about the request to hire processing within your organisation.
Note - The dashboard and charts come up with some special features as listed below:
- Each dashboard comes with controls/ filters and the data could be analysed using these filters.
- Each dashboard has two tabs i.e. Analysis and Details.
- Analysis - Analysis displays the data in the chart form.
- Details - This displays the dataset used for the selected dashboard.
- Analysis gives the chart view whereas details tab has the data that drives the charts.
- Each chart can be drilled for further analysis.
- Each chart can be maximised.
- Each chart has three dots on the top-right corner, clicking on which displays the following two options:
- View summary data
- Export to CSV
Please refer to this article for more details.
Send offer letters and contacts for approval and signature prior to candidate signing
Springboard’s existing digital signature capability allows candidates to sign their offer letters and documents online. With Release 7.32, we have taken a step further by introducing approval workflow functionality to the documents before publishing on the candidate’s onboarding portal.
The approval workflow step would ensure that the offer letter and other documents have gone through various levels of review and each stakeholder is given a chance to approve or decline the offer letter before publishing it.
Let us check out the section below to understand how approval workflow feature works in practice.
How to add approval work
The offer approval functionality can be switched on using the toggle switch Does this offer need approval on the Generate rich letter screen as highlighted in the screenshot below.
The pre-requisites for this feature to show and work are as follows-
- The feature should be enabled for your organisation
- The document acceptance method should be chosen as Digital Signature
Please contact your account manager or Peoplescout Support team to enable this feature for your organisation.
If the offer letter that is being published to the candidate for signing digitally needs to undergo approval from stakeholders, then click on the toggle switch and the approvers/ signee section appears.
This section allows you to add the chain of reviewers/stakeholders who need to be on board with the offer that has been prepared for the candidate.
There are two columns provided in this section i.e., recipient type and recipient.
- Recipient Type: The recipient type column has drop-down with options such as candidate, recruiter, hiring manager and 3rd party.
- Recipient: Recipient field gets populated from the recipient type field value. If the reviewer exists in the system, the recipient field drop-down will auto-populate with the matching records found. For example, in the example below, when recipient type is chosen as hiring manager, the recipient field drop-down will display the hiring manager configured on this requisition.
If the reviewer does not exist in the system, they can be added using the icon.
You can add more reviewers to this section by clicking on ADD MORE.
The offer letter is shared sequentially for the review. The sequence can be re-arranged using the arrow icons on the left while setting up reviewers.
Please make sure to add Candidate as a recipient in the list sequence at the place where you want them to sign the document.
Also, note that -
- When candidate is recipient, they receive an email notifying them of the publishing of the offer letter on their onboarding portal.
- They can access the offer letter from onboarding portal only, unlike other recipients that can access the offer letter via link received on the email.
- Unlike other recipients, candidate can digitally sign their offer letter.
You can also configure reminder notifications days using the Remind recipient after field.
The recruiter can be notified via email about the offer approvals progress/ outcome using the two toggle switches as mentioned below:
- Notify recruiters when all approvers accept: If this toggle switch is on, the recruiter would be notified when all the approvers/ reviewers have reviewed and approved the offer letter.
- Notify recruiters as each approver accepts: If this toggle switch is on, the recruiter would be notified when each approver/ reviewer approves or declines the offer letter.
When you are re happy with all the configurations click on the Save button and the offer letter shall be shared with the first approver on the list to review.
What happens next?
The reviewer receives an email to review the offer letter with a link to the offer letter.
Clicking on the link opens the offer letter in a new tab.
The reviewer reviews the offer letter details and if everything is aligned to the requirements the reviewer can approve the offer letter by clicking on the Approve button and the offer letter is then shared with the next reviewer on the list.
If the reviewer finds that something is not aligned or if any details are missing, then they can reject the offer letter by clicking on the Reject button and provide their rejection comments.
The offer approval shall be aborted in this case and an email shall be triggered to the recruiter notifying them about the offer rejection with the rejection comments in the email.
At any stage, the progress of the offer approval can be monitored via
- Offer management from candidate action menu
- Offer management from Administration menu
1. Offer management from candidate action menu – The offer progress can be monitored for each candidate from candidate’s job grid --> Right click --> Manage Offer --> Offer Management. This is wrapped under a user-role.
The offer management screen helps you to manage the ongoing offer approval process.
From this screen, you shall be able to understand the following:
The progress of the offer approvals i.e., which approver has approved and who the offer letter is pending with.
Actions – There are three actions allowed from this screen
- Remind current approver
- Approve the offer letter
- Delete the offer letter
Let us look at them one by one.
Remind current approver – The bell icon under Actions column can be used to remind the current approver that they have to review the offer letter document.
Approve the offer letter – If the logged in user is the current approver, then they can use the tick icon to approve the offer letter.
Delete the offer letter - Once approval workflow has been set up on an offer letter it cannot be edited. The offer letter can, however, be deleted just in case it is required.
Clicking on the delete icon would open a pop-up as shown in the screenshot below prompting the user for confirmation of the delete action.
Clicking on Continue will trigger the following events -
- Delete the offer letter.
- Abort the approval process.
- System will send a courtesy email to the current reviewer notifying them of the deletion of the document.
2. Offer management from Administration menu – This screen helps you to manage the offer approvals within your organisation. The screen could be accessed from Administration --> Offer Approval Management.
There are search filters available on this screen such as status, candidate name, approver name etc. to help you search and manage the offer approvals.
The results matching the filter are displayed as a list as shown in the screenshot below.
The controls available on this screen are like the ones mentioned in the above section.
Option to require candidates to validate their account via email (multi-factor authentication) on every login
This feature is an enhancement to the existing two-factor authentication feature. If enabled, it allows you to request candidates to validate their accounts via email for multi-factor authentication every time they try to login to their careers portal.
Hence, adding an extra layer of security and protection on every login by the candidate.
For existing multi-factor authentication, when a user tries to register themselves on the careers portal, they need to enter the verification code received by them on their email inbox.
This is a one-off process. However, if this feature is enabled for a site, then for every subsequent login, the candidate shall be prompted to send the code to their registered email by clicking on the Send Code button.
The confirmation message is displayed as follows:
The screen will then change to the one shown in the screenshot below.
The candidate will receive a verification code in their email inbox and when entered correctly will give them access to navigate to the careers portal.
Support for candidates to setup multiple job alert profiles for clients hosting more than one career site
Before Release7.32, for clients having multiple front ends i.e., internet and intranet, if a candidate sets up a job alert profile with preferred filters on one portal (e.g. internet), and then logs into the alternate careers site for the same client (e.g. intranet) and clicks on Job Alerts, the page loads with search options already saved and the message that the alert is active for xxx days.
If the user goes ahead and creates another profile on the second portal, the job alert profile from the first one gets overwritten and update the organisation Id to the current one.
This means that if they originally saved their alert on the internet, but later updated it on the intranet site, they will only receive the internal roles going forward.
Now with this release, we have introduced the capability to support candidate’s multiple job alerts profile for the clients hosting more than one career site.
When the functionality is enabled for a client, for the above scenario, when a candidate logs into alternate careers portal, the job alerts section does not pre-load the existing profile.
Also, to make the candidate better, we have updated the message in this case as well to “You also have a profile active on <careers site one> that is valid for another <number of days alert is active for> days.”
The message only appears if they have an active profile if it is expired or suspended the message will not appear.
The functionality is driven by a site attribute. Please contact your account manager or Springboard support team if you are interested in this feature.
Improve usability of message logs
Prior to this release, Administration -> App Comms -> Message Logs would return all email logs by default on accessing the screen, impacting performance.
With this release, results are not returned by default, improving search response time. Users can define a filter to search for email history (for example by recipient, subject or sender) to return results quickly.
Should this new feature cause concern for customers, the default behaviour can be restored via a site configuration. Please contact App Support for more details.
Automatically disable user accounts which have not been accessed recently
Prior to this release, many clients had automatic processes in place to ensure that user accounts, both recruiter and candidate, were automatically disabled after a period of non-activity. However, this process was not standardised or enforced across all clients.
With this release, for security reasons, the following minimum rules for auto-disabling of accounts will be in place:
- Recruiter / Administrator / Hiring manager accounts will be disabled after 1 year of inactivity
- Candidate Accounts will be disabled after 3 years of inactivity.
These settings are minimum settings. Where clients already have processed in place to disable accounts more frequently, these will remain in place.
This process disables the accounts only, it does not impact retention of user account or candidate data.
If you would like to know more about this process, contact your Account Manager.
Ability to search for candidates via quick search by their application ID
Users can now search for candidate applications via the Quick Search bar using the applicants Application ID. For some clients’ workflows, the Application ID is provided on all email correspondence, providing candidates the option to quote their Application ID when calling for assistance.
Users can now instantly search for candidates using this quoted ID.
Notification centre technical upgrade
As part of Springboard on-going roadmap Springboard modules are undergoing technical software upgrades. Full details of Springboard modules being upgraded in this release are available in the Minor Bugs and Enhancements section.
Notification Centre is one of the modules being upgraded. As a result of this upgrade, the process for making changes to a user's Notification Centre preferences is in place. Users are now required to ‘Save’ changes on each screen before navigating to another section. A message prompt on screen warns users of this.
Coming Soon - Hiring Manager dedicated dashboards
The hiring manager dashboard is being designed and developed keeping in mind the day-to-day key activities and responsibilities of the hiring managers.
This would help them to the following:
- Track key metrics across their requisitions, interviews, and overall hiring pipeline.
- Reducing reliance on recruiters to gather insights.
- Have a bird’s eye view of the end-to-end process.
- Have a personalised Springboard experience.
By default, all existing and new hiring managers will be presented with the Hiring manager dashboard upon login to their Springboard instance. They can however, switch to the standard dashboard anytime using the toggle-switch available at the top-right.
Key points to note for this dashboard are as follows:
- Welcome Message - When your hiring managers login, they will be welcomed by a personalised message for them at the top.
- Quick Guide link – We understand that in some cases, the hiring managers are not-so-regular Springboard users. To help them navigate through their dashboard, we have placed the quick guide link from where they can get all the help, they need to get them started and going.
- Widgets – So as to maximise the HM experience, we have cherry-picked the most-frequent Hiring manger actions performed while filling a role. Below are some prominent highlights about the widgets:
- The placement of the widgets has been done considering the sequence of events that would happen in common hiring pipeline.
- Each widget represents a module that hiring managers usually use and action item with the hiring manage in the module or provides insights for that module.
- The buttons on each widget are clickable and when clicked takes the hiring manager to the module screen. For example, on Interviews widget the button says 1 Scheduled. On clicking the button, the hiring managers are redirected to Interviews Search screen with logged in user as panel member and interview status booked.
- Any button when hovered upon or clicked turns dark blue.
- The widgets are displayed based on the modules assigned to HM and if there is nothing pending with HM for that module it is represented by a Snoozed widget. Please refer to Request to Hire or My Jobs widget in the screenshot below.
- If any module is not assigned to the hiring manager, the widget shall not be displayed.
There will be following widgets available with the hiring manager dashboard:
- Request To hire
- My Interviews
- My feedback requests
- My Offer Approvals
- My approval forms
- My tasks
- My jobs
- My Advertisements
Minor bug fixes and enhancements
The following lists other items that have been fixed or improved as part of this release. If you would like further information on any of these items, please contact Application Support.
Career Site / Application Form / Onboarding Portal
- Screening Questions:
- Resolve an issue with validation of mandatory screening questions containing only one answer option.
- Resolve an issue where Section Text for a question could be displayed even if the question is not being displayed (conditional question)
- New Application form framework:
- improved logging of candidate responses
- resolve an issue with candidate dropdown options are not accessible in extremely rare cases
- Resolve an issue displaying Position Details on the application form when the candidate is not required to first login.
- Fix an issue with document uploads when the candidate is not required to first login
- Applications submitted directly from Seek (Seek Optimised Apply) which include a questionnaire score – ensure the score is calculated prior to rules engine automations
- Provide for Email Signatures in emails sent from Talent Folders
- Improve usability of Message Logs.
- Provide consistent view of candidate tags between candidate review mode and grid mode, ensuring only tags created within the logged in instance for the candidate are visible to that instance
- Resolve an issue where the count of candidates in each step of the recruitment process (Process Folder Counts) could be incorrect when two users are updating candidates in that job at the same time. Improvements to multi-concurrency.
- Ensure candidate custom fields always display on the candidate grid, resolving an issue where a conflict could occur between candidate level and application level custom properties for the same candidate
- Spreadsheet uploads:
- Add support for uploading Application Status Reason via spreadsheet
- Resolve an issue with spreadsheet upload, ensuring that a username defined in the spreadsheet is the username setup for the uploaded candidate.
- Fix a phenomenon causing the candidate profile form to crash on saving under specific circumstances
- Resolve an issue with Orbeon Form templates where they are restricted to single column
- Resolve issues with the Merge Candidate action
- Resolve an issue with the Print Notes button on the Review Mode Candidate Communications tab
- Include default options for bulkprint
- Fix an issue where URL encoded characters are not displayed correctly in a bulkprint
- Fix an issue where < and > characters in an applicant's response can cause issues with bulkprint
- Screening Questions management and viewing:
- Improve UI layout for questionnaires within the new look and feel
- Include the question number and show complete question text in the Questionnaire Library, improving usability
- Candidate Search – remove candidate tags from the auto-suggest items where they have  occurrences
- Resolve an issue with the Manage Tags action
- Improve Application Status Change history logging when the action is associated with a Note
- Resolve an issue with the Merge Candidate action related to candidate onboarding documents
- Ensure that a document deleted from an Onboarding Pack is no longer visible on the onboarding portal if the candidate has not yet signed / accepted it
- Resolve issues reported with the Seek Subscription Services administration module
- Resolve an issue with reposting the same advert to Seek where Seek is the default sourcing channel for the client
- Resolve layout issues when creating new application forms in Version 7 of the product
Security, Architecture and Web Services
As part of Springboard on-going roadmap Springboard modules are undergoing technical software upgrades:
- Notification Centre
- 3rd Party Assessment Results
- Bulkprint services
- Calendar services
- SMS Services
- Antivirus Services
- Delete Candidate action
- Email Inbox module
- Job Ad uploader web services
- New Starter integration services
Additional changes include:
- Provide Seek Token Caching for Seek job ads
- Improved auditing of user account management including user account creations, updates, and permission changes
User Interface and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) Improvements
As part of Springboard on-going roadmap to make Springboard more accessible to all users, the following screens within Springboard are now WCAG 2.1 AA compliant or better:
- My Details screen
- Organisation Users screen
- Application and Job Communications template screens