Hiring managers have a crucial role in the recruitment process, and there are several tasks and responsibilities they should consider when managing the hiring process effectively. Keeping this into consideration, with Release 7.33 we are releasing the Hiring Manager dashboard.
The hiring Manager dashboard is designed as a centralised dashboard designed keeping in mind the day-to-day activities of the hiring managers. It displays the essential information for the logged-in user to help them monitor or complete the pending activities.
The key for its effectiveness of the hiring manager dashboard is to provide necessary information without overwhelming a user that does not interact with the Springboard on a daily basis.
Thus, hiring manager dashboard helps the logged in user with:
- High-level view of the tasks to monitor or complete.
- Helps them tracking key metrics across their postings, requisitions, and overall pipeline.
- Reduces reliance on recruiters.
- Provide a personalised Springboard experience.
Accessing Hiring Manager dashboard
The access to this dashboard is via user-role and can be added on-demand basis. Please contact the PeopleScout Support team to get access.
However, the hiring manager dashboard access is auto provisioned to the users which are
- Configured as a hiring manager on a requisition.
- Added as a reviewer on the request to hire form.
- Added a panel member on an interview, feedback request.
- Added a reviewer on an offer letter or form approval workflow.
- Added as a task assignee.
By default, all existing and new hiring managers will be presented with the Hiring manager dashboard upon login to their Springboard instance
However, the logged in user will have an option to switch back to the dashboard option anytime they wish just by clicking on the “Dashboard” as highlighted in the image below.
Similarly, they can switch to HM dashboard view by clicking on the HM Dashboard.
Navigating Hiring Manager dashboard
The dashboard has been designed in a way that it is simple, easy to use and provides only the logged-in user specific information.
With regards to the elements on this dashboard, the dashboard can be divided into two sections:
- Welcome message panel
Welcome Message – When your hiring managers login, they will be welcomed by a personalised message for them at the top. This welcome message and brand logo is configurable.
Please get in touch with the PeopleScout Support team to configure the desired welcome message for your company.
We have also added a quick help desk guide link to the welcome message. This link redirects user to the PeopleScout Helpdesk article - “Hiring Manager Dashboard” that provides them information and guidance to navigate the HM dashboard.
Widgets - As hiring managers need to perform a wide range of tasks and functions to streamline the recruitment process, the HM dashboard has been designed to suit the most requirements.
The hiring manager dashboard consists of the following widgets each representing a functional module within Springboard and arranged in a way that suits the most hiring processes:
- Request to Hire
- My Interviews
- My Feedback Requests
- My Offer Approvals
- My Approval Forms
- My Tasks
- My Jobs
- My Advertisements
Key characteristics for the widgets are as follows:
- The placement of the widgets has been done considering the sequence of events that would happen in common hiring pipeline.
- Each widget represents a module that hiring managers usually use and action item with the hiring manage in the module or provides insights for that module.
- The buttons on each widget are clickable and when clicked takes the hiring manager to the module screen. For example, on Interviews widget the button says 1 Scheduled. On clicking the button, the hiring managers are redirected to Interviews Search screen with logged in user as panel member and interview status booked.
- Any button when hovered upon or clicked turns dark blue.
- The widgets are displayed based on the modules assigned to HM and if there is nothing pending with HM for that module it is represented by a Snoozed widget. Please refer to My Offer Approvals widget in the screenshot below.
- If any module is not assigned to the hiring manager, the widget shall not be displayed.
Let us learn more about each widget
Request to Hire – The request to hire widget allows the logged in user to monitor the RTH requests that is pending with them and the ones that they are part of the approval workflow process.
Clicking on the Approval Pending button will redirect the user to the existing Request To Hire management screen with the logged-in-user's email address in the approver email.
With this change, we have also centralised the RTH review process within Springboard.
Prior to this release, the approvers could only approve the RTH request via link received over email. However, now they will be able to review the RTH request from the Springboard itself.
If the logged-in user is the current approver on the RTH, then clicking on the icon under the ACTION column against the RTH request, the RTH form will be displayed.
The user can then review the request form and provide their approval or rejection based on their decision.
Please keep in consideration that the email request process remains as-is.
My Interviews – This widget provides hiring managers insights into their booked interviews.
Clicking on the Scheduled button redirects the user to the Interview Search screen with the panel member filter set as logged-in user and interview status as Booked.
My Feedback Requests – This widget allows the user to get a sneak preview of the feedback requests. It consists of three buttons –
- Pending - It displays the hiring manager feedback requests pending with the logged-in user as the panel member. Clicking on this button takes the user to the Feedback Requests management screen with panel member filter set as logged in user and status set as Pending.
- Saved - It displays the hiring manager feedback requests saved by the logged-in user as the panel member. Clicking on this button takes the user to the Feedback Requests management screen with panel member filter set as logged in user and status set as Saved.
- Submitted - It displays the hiring manager feedback requests submitted by the logged-in user as the panel member. Clicking on this button takes the user to the Feedback Requests management screen with panel member filter set as logged in user and status set as Submitted.
The hiring manager Feedback Requests management screen is being introduced with this release. We will learn more about it in the following section.
My Offer Approvals - This widget helps users understand how many of their offer approvals are pending.
Clicking on Pending button redirects the user to the Offer Approval Management screen with the Approver name set as the logged in user and status set as Pending.
My Approval Forms – This widget provides the user sneak peak of the custom forms pending for submission and approval.
Clicking on Pending button redirects the user to the Forms Management screen with the Recipient name set as the logged in user and form status set as In-progress, Waiting for approval.
My Tasks - This widget provides user the preview of their assigned tasks that are in pending status.
Clicking on the Open Tasks button redirects the user to the task search and management screen with the assigned to filter set as the logged in user and status set as Open.
My Jobs - This widget provides user the preview of jobs on which the logged in user is configured as hiring manager.
It consists of three buttons –
- Draft- It displays the jobs with draft status and the logged in user configured as the hiring manager.
- Approved- It displays the jobs with approved status and the logged in user configured as the hiring manager.
- Released- It displays the jobs with released status and the logged in user configured as the hiring manager.
My Ads - This widget provides user the preview of job ads on which the logged in user is configured as hiring manager. They will be able to see this widget only if they have access to the Ads module in Springboard. It provides expiring soon and open ads numbers to the logged in users for the jobs that they are responsible for.